4.07.2005

Your 2005 San Jose Giants!

And possibly the future starting OF for the San Francisco Giants. There was a nice article in the Merc on the San Jose Giants today. It discusses a number of strong prospects in the Giants farm system, including the three outfielders drafted rounds 2, 3, 4 last season, Eddy Martinez-Esteve, John Bowker, and Clay Timpner (considered the best defensive CF already), Nate Schierholtz, who has shown a lot of power thus far, Travis Ishikawa, who has shown a lot of power thus far, and San Jose's own Kevin Frandsen.

Not as many "name" prospects on the pitching side, but there's a lot of talent, with Garrett Broshuis, 5th round last season, who pitched well after signing, Jesse Floyd, Ben Thurmond, Joe Bateman, who was the All-Star rep for Hagerstown last season, and Justin Hedrick. I'm not as savvy about these pitching prospects but these are the guys I would keep my eye on.

Small nitpick about blogger (but you can't beat free :^): I was ready to post something on yesterday's game but it froze when I tried to post and I lost all my writing (again) when I tried to go back and resubmit. I was lucky the other times as all I needed to do was refresh the posting window but this time I lost it all and don't have the heart to try to recreate it. It has to do a better job recovering posts.

1 Comments:

Blogger obsessivegiantscompulsive said...

Addendum: apparently they have created a new function to allow you to recover your post. Ironically, the new software has made the browser all goofy and I've been having a heck of a time trying to enter in a post...

Fri Apr 08, 01:27:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home