1.26.2006

I Won't be Posting Regularly for Forseeable Future

I'm not going to be posting very frequently for a while. My mom is fighting cancer again (5th time in 20 years, basically every 5 years) but this is the first time I've been really scared to the core. As much as I now really need an outlet to get my mind off ... things... I will be taking off some time from work to take her to the doctor but need to keep my day job OK as well, so I won't have as much time for the research I do for this site.

When I get some free time I'll probably be posting stuff at McCovey Chronicles (I need some outlet) with the occcassional post here (use RSS to easily see if I posted anything here) if I happen to get inspired. I also have a number of ideas boiling in the pot and if I get them done, I'll post them here.

No one comes to a blog for this type of info, but I wanted to explain why I'll be relatively silent. Take care.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martin:

I'm sorry to hear the news and hope that your mother will be okay. Sounds like she's a hell of a strong woman. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Kent

Thu Jan 26, 06:11:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martin:

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I always enjoy your posts; thanks for taking the time to maintain a good site.

Dave

Fri Jan 27, 12:29:00 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Best wishes, and good luck.

Sat Jan 28, 03:09:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always appreciate your thoroughness in your writing, and I'm not surprised that your high standards might prevent you from hastily posting junk during this difficult time for your family.

My guess is that your thoroughness becomes a great source of strength for your loved ones at a time like this. I will add you and your mom to my prayer list.

Best wishes,
Lyle

Mon Jan 30, 06:40:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home